Monday, January 15, 2007

No World Of Warcraft For You, Consoles!

 

Just before the World of Warcraft expansion launch (that's tonight, by the way, in case you missed it), the kids at Pro-G spoke with Blizzard designer Jonathan LeCraft to discuss the future of WoW and their stable of franchises. On WoW for consoles:

You really do need a keyboard to play WoW. I've seen some mods where people have hooked up WoW to their Wii. When I saw that I was like, well, that's got to be pretty easy to PVP against, honestly. It's not something we're looking at right now.

That's non-committal enough, I suppose. But when discussing the next Blizzard franchise to get the MMO-treatment, LeCraft is typically even more vague. When asked about the other hot Blizzard properties, he said: "I think we have the capacity for another [MMO]."

I know they're licenses to print money, but can we please just get another Starcraft, sans monthly fee? And please, no more attempts at console stealth games, k? Much appreciated. Michael McWhertor

World of Warcraft unlikely for consoles [Pro-G]

 

Source: No World Of Warcraft For You, Consoles!
Originally published on Tue, 16 Jan 2007 00:20:42 GMT

No comments: